Monday, August 2, 2010

Bits and Baubles: Rings

Not mine. Although I wish the fab emeralds were...
There are times when I am knee-deep in work that I just want to abandon my desk and go shopping. In fact, the more tedious the work is, the more I yearn for a little (or a lot) of glamour to take the edge off of the tedium

Needless to say, while I continue to wade through a particularly gruesome paper, I thought I'd take a break and share some of the goodies I've compiled over the last little while for just such an occasion. If you've got work you'd rather avoid for a few minutes, take a little break and come dream with me :)

I've arranged these according to theme/inspiration. Enjoy :)

Nature

I've been a fan of botanical and nature-inspired jewelry for a long time. Here are some of my favorites.

Elizabeth Scott Ginkgo Leaf Ring
Elizabeth Scott Petal Ring
Elizabeth Scott Poppy Ring
 Banana Republic Feather Ring

Delicate

Can't you picture some of these beauties with a floaty little top, jeans and a cute pair of flats? I would stack a couple of these in contrasting colours and varying sizes.
Kyle Anne Metals Pretty in Pink Ring
Kyle Anne Metals Gold Faceted Moonstone Ring

Elizabeth Scott Rose Cut Ruby Ring
Elizabeth Scott Cloud Ring

Alright so I read a Vogue article once in which Sienna Miller professed her love for cocktail rings which could inflict "some real, proper damage" if a gal were to punch someone out while wearing one. Now I'm not gonna lie, my heart practically leapt when I read those magical words because I too, look for that exact quality in a cocktail ring! I should clarify here that I'm not a violent person-I just like really dramatic rings. I mean....if you're gonna go big...you might as well make it outrageous.
Noir Jewelry Barrel Cactus Ring
Gara Danielle Aqua Druzy ring
Bita Pourtavoosi big turquoise chunk ring
YSL Metal & Enamel Ring
Noir Pave Cone Pyramid
Noir 1/2 Spike Pyramid Ring
Blue Bijoux Oversized Cocktail Ring

Alexis Bittar Crystal Encrusted Wavy Cocktail Ring
Alexis Bittar gold Klimt-inspired ring
Kenneth Jay Lane Blue Stone Ring
Kenneth Jay Lane Red Crystal Ring

Animal

I've been seeing funky animal-inspired cocktail rings all over the place and I gotta say that I love it. Go big and ferocious or go home!
Noir Bald the Eagle
Noir Goldie the Elephant
Aaaah amazing! Yochi Lion Ring

Urban Outfitters 2-Finger Peacock Ring
Good god just looking at these photos gives me the urge to do some browsing and...I'd better get back to work :) I'll see y'all in the morning for a recipe post. Have a good night/insanely early morning!

-GT

No comments:

Post a Comment